St. Gertrude’s Health and Rehabilitation Center
St. Gertrude’s Health and Rehabilitation Center has a rich tradition of providing quality long term and rehabilitative care for the residents of Scott, Carver and western Dakota counties. The seeds of St. Gertrude’s founding were planted in 1888 when Mother Scholastica Kerst and her blood sister, Sister Alexia Kerst, led a small group of Benedictine Sisters from St. Joseph, Minnesota to Duluth to establish St. Mary’s Hospital. From these efforts emerged the Benedictine Health System, a nationally recognized non-profit leader in providing services and care for older adults, of which St. Gertrude’s is a reputed member. Today, St. Gertrude’s offers assisted living apartments, long term care beds, short term rehabilitation beds, end of life suites and spiritual care. In the Christian tradition of servanthood, St. Gertrude’s serves persons of all faiths in a caring environment.
St. Gertrude’s has been serving our community for over twenty years with 105 skilled nursing beds for long term resident care and short term rehab therapy. We also have 40 assisted living apartments providing seniors assistance in daily living in a nurturing and active community. Additionally, we are physically adjacent to the hospital on a comprehensive medical campus.
St. Gertrude’s offers:
- Transitional care
- Rehabilitation for cognitively impaired
- Home therapy
- Assisted living community at The Gardens
- End of Life suites
- Integrative health therapies
- Therapy outpatient services, including aquatic therapy and mobility courtyard